Re: Selector Decendant/Child Grouping Suggestion

From: Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 09:43:29 +0200
To: "WWW Style" <www-style@w3.org>

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:03:44 +0200, Christian Roth <roth@visualclick.de>

> David Woolley wrote:
>> As it doesn't add any new capability, this can be implemented by
>> the authoring tool, or a standalone pre-processor.
> This is an interesting answer. If human writability and legibility is not
> a main concern of CSS, but only new capabilities, then

... but they are main concerns :)

And I have indeed found on occassion that a change like Gregory suggests
would help me in writing shorter, clearer style sheets. So I would like
it, though I don't know if it would be possible to introduce something
like this. And as it is not backward compatible, it will be of limited use
in the near future.

The Web is a procrastination apparatus:    |  Rijk van Geijtenbeek
It can absorb as much time as              |   Documentation & QA
is required to ensure that you             |   Opera Software ASA
won't get any real work done.  - J.Nielsen