Re: Multiple Background Images

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:47:02 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Popular user agents correctly set document.location
> in JavaScript, so I would hope that UAs will do the same

They should set it to the document's location, which is not necessarily
the URL that was requested.  If there is any redirection involved,
the location will reflect the redirected URL, not the requested one.
I think this is what was being said.

Also, submitting bogus parameters to a server is somewhat anti-social,
as it frustrates caching in two ways.  Firstly, each unique parameter
value combination is a separate resource.  Secondly, abuse of GET
mode forms in the past has resulted in HTTP servers being advised not
to cache URLs containing ? characters unless given explicit indications
of cachability.