multiple backgrounds syntax

From: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:21:21 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

I posted a message on this before, too bad it took 3 days to get through
and by then the discussion pretty much had already ended.

I read it was decided on that ',' would be used as a separator... I
can't really fathom that choice. With that you are making the comma
inconsistent between this background: thing and e.g. font-family: or
content:. Shorthands like margin: and padding: already use a
space-separated list to pass multiple variables so I don't see why all
of a sudden this should be done differently on background:.

~Grauw