padding-box? margin-box? [was Re: Percentage height meaurements.]

From: Gavin Kistner <gavin@refinery.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:54:03 -0600
To: W3C Style List <www-style@w3.org>

On May 27, 2004, at 6:09 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> Correction: 'box-sizing' is already in the CSS3 Basic User Interface
> specification which is a Candidate Recommendation (CR), and
> implementations
> (and uses) are officially encouraged.

This is probably a question too late, but although I can't think of any
case where margin-box would be useful, I can think of cases where
padding-box would be useful.

Why only content-box and border-box? Just for simplicity for the
implementations? (I would think that once you have box model switching
in code, adding a case for padding-box to leave out the border would be
nearly trivial.)