Re: vertical-align

From: Anne van Kesteren (fora) <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:06:12 +0200
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: W3C Style List <www-style@w3.org>

>>> 1-%%) To introduce %% units (sorry) as a most generic solution of
>>>  vertical (and horizontal) auto positioning.
>>
>> Isn't going to work. (Not solid)
>
> Shall I make a "solid" form of proposal? Any interest in %% stuff? Is
> it worth doing at all?

I don't think you can get it solid. For example:

   <foo/>

   foo{
    margin:10%%;
    width:200%%;
   }

The viewport is 'x' pixels width. What is the calculated value for
'width'? And for 'margin'?

Or:

   font-size:120%%;

What is the calculated 'font-size'? So I also don't think it is worth
doing investigation and write-up at all.

> position: center as far as I can see it is about automatic absolute
> positioning and has nothing common with block content alignment. And
> no position: bottom, etc.

There is no such thing as 'position:bottom'. Are you sure you have read
and understood, the *complete* mail (proposal).

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>