Re: box-sizing. Was Re: where is overflow:none ?

From: Anne van Kesteren (fora) <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:47:18 +0200
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, ernestcline@mindspring.com, www-style@w3.org

> By the way:
>
> As far as I understand the main reason of box-sizing mode
> introduction was to support layouts like in example section of the
> link above.

Another reason was that some browsers already implemented support for it
(MacIE, Opera, Mozilla) and that WinIE (all versions excluding WinIE 6.0
in standard compliant rendering) implemented the wrong box model. So
this was an easy way to workaround browser limitations, which was
already widely implemented so it was a logical move (imo) to include it
in the 'css3-ui' draft (and later it will be placed in 'css3-box').

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>