RE: where is overflow:none ?

The default value of overflow is "auto" which besides having some
minimal recommendations is largely up to the UA to decide what to do.
Using visible overflow, as shown in the PNG, while not a recommended
behavior, appears to be technically legal for CSS 2.1.

For a UA that implements 'max-width' (which has a default of "auto")
then if I am interpreting the Box module draft correctly, in a case where
'max-width' is "auto" then the intrinsic width of an item would become
in effect a minimum width, in which case for the example you have given,
the viewport should be scrolling to display a <body> that overflows the
viewport and in which the border of the <body> would surround all of the
text.

Gecko has a 'max-width' property, but it does not appear to follow
the current CSS 3 Box working draft as it appears to use a default
value of "none" which isn't in either offical Box module working draft.