Re: Opacities

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 16:59:54 -0400
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

If only the alpha wasn't clipped to the range 0..1, then adding the rule
  #foo {opacity:1.25}
could solve that problem, but I doubt if that change would ever be made.

Still, even without a workable CSS only hack, I don't see the need for
additional CSS opacity properties.  There are plenty of image formats
that include opacity in them, so I fail to see the need, especially
since it will not reduce the amount of effort required anywhere in the
process.