Re: Colour gradient backgrounds and CSS textures

Actually I'd hope they'd ignore what for them is an invalid rule.

> I really don't understand. Some aesthetic reasons?
>
> Andrew Fedoniouk / KISS follower.
> http://terrainformatica.com

Suppose we want to extend the concept of gradients to working with
borders instead of just backgrounds?

Does
 e  {border-color: #AAA #BBB #CCC #DDD}
represent
 e {
   border-top-color: #AAA;
   border-right-color: #BBB;
   border-bottom-color: #CCC;
   border-left-color:#DDD;
}
or
 e {
   border-top-color: #AAA #BBB #CCC #DDD;
   border-right-color: #AAA #BBB #CCC #DDD;
   border-bottom-color: #AAA #BBB #CCC #DDD;
   border-left-color:#AAA #BBB #CCC #DDD;
}
?

There's no good way to decide that.
Also it complicates life for specifications such as
SVG that use CSS color but already have their own
and more flexible gradient scheme.  It would be quite
feasible to have SVG ignore CSS gradients if they use
a separate property, not so feasible if it were tied into
background-color, et al.