RE: Colour gradient backgrounds and CSS textures

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 16:06:24 -0400
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>, www-style@w3.org

As I've said before, mixing in a syntax that works for only one
property that uses <color> does not appeal to me at all, so
your approach that ties rectangular gradients into the
'background-color' property has zero appeal to me
Rectangular gradients do not make sense for several
properties that do use <color>.  I may spend some time
this weekend to come up with a fairly detailed gradient
proposal.