Re: CSS3 UI "resize" property

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:20:13 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> I'm not sure how to reconcile the following two statements:
>
>    With regard to interactivity and the Document Object Model (DOM), the
> resize
>    factor on an element lasts the lifetime of the element
>
>    however, if the 'resize' property itself is altered (e.g. via
> pseudo-class
>    change or via DOM manipulation), then the resize factor is reset to 1.0.
>
> If a node is removed from the DOM tree (such that the document is no
> longer one of its ancestors), does it still have a meaningful computed
> style?  It would seem that it does not.  If so, then how is the second
> statement to be interpreted in view of the first one?

The second statement says that if I dynamically set the 'resize' property
on the element, the factor gets changed to 1.0.

e.g.  "element.style.resize = both" (or whatever the syntax is) will set
       the resize factor to 1.0, even if the specified style was already
       "both" before and the element had been resized to 1.3.

~fantasai

--
http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact