Re: CSS Textures

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 20:52:55 +1000
To: "Anne van Kesteren (fora)" <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> What does 'foreground' that '::outside', in a more general way, does not?

   Ok, maybe I didn't explain it well enough.  The foreground property I
used should paint the text with the image, similar to the way 'color'
currently paints the text with a solid colour.  If I understand you
correctly, it wouldn't cover up the text completely, like ::outside
would (assuming it was styled with a background image and stacked in
front using 'z-index').

--
Lachlan Hunt