Re: CSS: %% length unit. Proposal. Some clarifications.

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 01:42:48 -0500
To: Max Romantschuk <max@provico.fi>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Max Romantschuk wrote:
> The specification isn't perfect. None the less the specification defines
> how things are supposed to work pretty darn well.

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true, assuming we're talking about the
"table-layout:auto" section of the CSS2.1 specification.

As Ian said somewhere near the beginning of this thread, it does not in fact
define much of anything, mostly because no one has yet been able to come up with
a sane set of rules that would not be flatly contradicted by what actual UAs do.

> Your proposal wasn't all bad, but the way you presented it wasn't very
> constructive.

This, now, is a separate, and valid, issue.

-Boris