Re: CSS: %% length unit. Proposal. Some clarifications.

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 23:31:20 -0700
To: "Max Romantschuk" <max@provico.fi>, <www-style@w3.org>

> An example, plain old HTML:

> In this case cell 1 will span 100 pixels, and cell 3 will span 200. Cell
> 2 will use up what is left.

Max, are you kidding me?! This what you will expect as a human :) But
practice is little bit different.
Try this in Mozilla or IE :)))))))

If you will put here %%

You will get exactly yours "In this case cell 1 will span 100 pixels, and
cell 3 will span 200. Cell
2 will use up what is left."

> You are correct that this is not the way the rest of the box model
> works, but (as was also mentioned earlier) tables predate CSS, and have
> been introduced as is through their respective CSS properties.

Exactly!

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com