Re: CSS: %% length unit. Proposal. Some clarifications.

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 22:34:59 -0700
To: "Anne van Kesteren (fora)" <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Cc: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, <www-style@w3.org>

Ian Hickson about table-* display:

>This is actually very poorly described by CSS2 right now, largely
>because nobody actually understands the table layout algorithm,
>which makes it one of the worst parts of CSS. Most implementations
>are developed by reverse engineering the more popular
>implementations.

Anne van Kesteren about table-* display:

> No. The model described is very solid. It sucks, but at least it is
> solid, something you can't say from your proposal.

Would you guys come up with some consensus? What sucks and what is worst?

Personally, I understand the idea of tables as I've implemeted table layout
also.

I can say that table-* display styles logicaly conflicts with CSS box model.

Mozilla rendering  of
   <input type="text" style="display: table-cell;width: 100%;">
is just wrong! Following standard width of <input> must be equal to width of
<P>.

Seems like Mozilla is using %% units for that :))) Wohoo!!!

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com