Re: CSS3 Speech module: Comments and Corrections

From: <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 15:59:16 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Nicholas Shanks <contact@nickshanks.com>, www-style@w3.org

> > You could probably use something like:
> >
> >   @media speech{
> >    element{
> >     content:none;
> >     cue-before:url(johnwayne.aiff);
> >    }
>
> Or just:
>
>    element { content: url(johnwayne.aiff); }

Isn't there a subtal difference between 'content' and 'cue-before'? I assumed
that 'content' will replace the element and starts playing as soon as the file
is loaded, or creates some kind of interface to play the sound.

While 'cue-before' would start playing when the "speech browser" reaches that
particular element when reading.