Re: @try in CSS3 (was: Useragent Rules in CSS)

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:44:38 +0200
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: "Chris Moschini" <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>

*Chris Moschini*:
> Christoph Paper:

Without the umlaut dots my surname looks rather silly indeed. Please note that
the correct transliteration of German umlauts is vowel+e.

That's not a valid example, as I wrote:

| Any such mechanism should only be designed to work around
| non implemented parts, not wrongly implemented ones (bugs).

You may replace that "should" with "could".

> @try {
> }
> @catch {
> }

That's like it's done in some programming languages, but in CSS I would rather
expect something like

  foo {fall: back;}
  @batch {
    foo {fall: forward; some-more: complicated;}
  }