[CSS21] 16.3.1 text-decoration: inline box vs. inline element

From: Adam M. Costello BOGUS address, see signature <BOGUS@BOGUS.nicemice.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:43:02 -0500 (EST)
To: www-style@w3.org

In CSS 2.1 section 16.3.1 (text-decoration), it says:

    When specified on an inline element, it affects all the boxes
    generated by that element; for all other elements, the decorations
    are propagated to an anonymous inline box that wraps all the in-flow
    inline children of the element, and to any block-level in-flow
    descendants.

Notice the phrase "inline box".  Near the bottom of the section, in the
example, it says:

    The rounded aqua line represents the anonymous inline element
    wrapping the inline contents of the paragraph element,

Here it's "inline element".  I suspect that the earlier use of "inline
box" might be a mistake, or maybe I just don't understand the model well
enough.

AMC
http://www.nicemice.net/amc/