Re: Proposal: useragent at-rule

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:32:32 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> with. This changes if the user intentionally tells their UA to lie through its
> teeth (click Opera>UserAgent>LieThroughTeeth). But as a Web Developer, if I catch

At least for lynx, the normal reason people want to lie is fear of
being given a "Please upgrade your browser page" because of their
unrecognized, or positively rejected, user agent string.  (Sometimes
this is actually not a server side rejection, but client side rejection
by a similar message in noframes or noscript.)

I'd suggest that that one significant reason why Opera has such a feature.