RE: Proposal: useragent at-rule

From: <Matthew.van.Eerde@hbinc.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:58:24 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org

> From: Chris Moschini [mailto:cmoschini@myrealbox.com]
> I don't think discussion of how popular Mozilla is really
> belongs on this list. I love Mozilla - I'm writing this
> e-mail with it - but I think a browser statistics discussion
> ought to be discussed any number of other places, and this
> isn't one of them.

Browser diversity is very germane to the subject of a useragent @rule.
Take the difference in user base between the business-oriented sites I am
associated with (98% IE) and the academic site Philip is using (90% IE)

To me this demonstrates that the academic community is more browser-diverse
than the business community.  It is logical then that useragent-aware CSS
would be of more use to an academic site.  The details of the browsers in
question are irrelevent for the purposes of this discussion.