RE:Re: @useragent (was Proposal: version at-rule)

From: Sean M. Hall <pianoman@reno.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2004 03:15:01 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Browser sniffing is evil indeed (we do need it sometimes, but only very rarely).  We should check if the certain object, selector, declaration whatever is supported rather than checking browsers. That's why I wrote my CSS3 Detection script ( http://geocities.com/seanmhall2003/css3/detect.html ) Of course I could have checked for all modern browsers except Internet Explorer (Moz, Opera, Safari), but then what if IE supports the advanced stuff in the future?  Just my thoughts. Dante Evans (AKA Sean M. Hall) Freelance musician, historian, writer, web developer www.sfhe.cjb.net CEO of DCScript www.dcscript.vze.com 'Evans, Dante Evans'