Re: Correct comment placement

On 3/25/04 12:36 PM, "Jan Roland Eriksson" <jrexon@newsguy.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:35:53 -0800, you wrote:
>
>> Either browsers handle valid content correctly or not, that has nothing to
>> do with DOCTYPE switching.
>
> You use the word "valid" in a way that leads me to beleive you are into
> SGML thinking here.

I meant "valid" only in terms of being valid against whatever specifications
the content is based upon.  You're right that the term "valid" is overloaded
and may imply other aspects which I didn't mean to.

Better would have been "conformant", as in, content which conforms with the
appropriate specifications.

Thanks,

Tantek