Re: [css3-hyperlinks] inclusion of Clink in next WD

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:01:27 -0500
To: "Anne van Kesteren (fora)" <fora@annevankesteren.nl>, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, www-style@w3.org

But once it created those links, the selector :not(:link) no longer
applies to those elements which means that the links should be
undone, which means that the selectors applies which means....

So either you get a logical contradiction or an endless cycle.
That was presumably the alarum that was sounded.