Re: [css3-content] Some thoughts on the 'content' property in the WD

From: George Chavchanidze <gch@rmi.acnet.ge>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:10:53 -0400 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> There are in my opinion three flaws with the 'content' property
> as currently defined. [1]
> 1) What happened to <attr> values?
>    CSS 2.1 allows them and the WD doesn't.
I also wonder why <attr> values are missing in CSS3 GRC.
Another issue is that neither CSS2.1 nor CSS3 does not mention
how to insert <attr> values in generated content if attributes
have namespace prefix. For instance look at

<root xmlns:how="http://how-to-do-it.org">
<element attribute="attribute-value-1" how:attribute="attribute-value-2"/>
</root>

The question is how to retrieve value of prefixed attribute?
CSS says absolutely nothing about it so one may only guess how to handle
issue
element {content:attr(attribute)}
element {content:attr(how:attribute)}
or maybe