Re: CSS 2.1 editorial

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:33:20 -0500
To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> I know some people prefer single quotes and some prefer double, but
> perhaps it would be nice to just pick one?

See http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-CSS21-20040225/about.html#q5

The usage of quotes in the manner you describe is consistent throughout the
spec (hopefully) and allows easy differentiation between "background" and
'background', for example.

Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure,
temperature, volume, humidity, and other variables, the
organism will do as it damn well pleases.