Re: thoughts on non-compliant browsers

Mikko Rantalainen wrote:

> Anne van Kesteren (fora) wrote:
>
>> Mikko Rantalainen wrote:

>>> It seems that the ONLY issue is that CSS doesn't have a method to
>>> scale background images. This limits styles like the one the OP was
>>> using. If one could strech the background image to always fill the
>>> element it's background of, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
>>

>> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-background-20020802/#background-size>
>

> I assume you've read most of the thread. As you remember, the OP was
> whining how Mozilla's font zoom made his site look "incorrect".

No, the 'OP' (me) was writing that it made the (standards compliant)
site unusable in a browser that was adhering to the spec -- is that
off-topic? If a spec allows for something that will make something
unusable, might that spec be flawed? Also, since I can't remember the
last time this 'OP' used px, I had confusion over the fact in CSS that a
pixel is not a pixel. My apologies.

-Rob