Re: thoughts on non-compliant browsers

From: Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:47:01 -0800
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, www-style@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Robert Koberg wrote:
>
>>hmph... I did not know something like 'pixel' was redefineable -- I
>>would never have thought to look.  Are there other common/pre-defined
>>things that CSS redefines?
>

> Presumably, since you walked in here saying that browsers were
> non-compliant, you have already read the specification, and thus are
> already aware of all these things. So why do you ask?

Well... I did not walk in here. I have been here for a while. I deal
with alot of standards and try to implement them faithfully. I just was
upset that what I thought (sorry I skimmed over terms I thought were
well known... perhaps you shpould use different names?) was standard was
being overrided. I guess we will simply not support mozilla resizing
which won't really be a problem for our user base (young girls, in this
case), but since it is such a large audience it might hurt mozilla.