Re: min-width:25%

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:24:22 -0700
To: "Max Romantschuk" <max@provico.fi>, <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@iinet.net.au>

Hi, Max and Lachlan,

See:

  { min-width:25%; width: 20em }
  { min-width:20em; width: 25% }

are equal - min(x,y) == min(y,x) in Euclid geometry.

Considering that two other possible cases

  { min-width:25%; width: auto }
and
  { min-width:25%; width: 50% }

are *complete* nonsense I propose to remove percentage
from list of available units of min/max-widths.

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com