Re: CSS3 Basic UI : Cursors

From: Justin Wood <jw6057@bacon.qcc.mass.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:18:59 -0400
To: Andrew Thompson <lordpixel@mac.com>, W3C Style List <www-style@w3.org>

Andrew Thompson wrote:

> "The Working Group has identified the following features as at risk of
> being removed from CSS3 Basic User Interface when exiting CR. "
>
> * 'cursor' property values: ew-resize | ns-resize | nesw-resize |
> nwse-resize
>
> We're currently implementing these features in Mozilla & derived
> browsers.
> Is there a protocol we should follow to give formal notice when the
> implementation is done?
>
> Also, we're presently implementing these features without the -moz
> vendor specific prefix.
> If a second interoperable implementation does not appear, where would
> that leave us if they are removed?
>
> AndyT (lordpixel - the cat who walks through walls)
> A little bigger on the inside
>
>         (see you later space cowboy ...)

Well if they are removed it is fairly trivial to add the -moz- prefix
back in (In Mozilla Code)...however, it needs at least two interoperable
implementations to not be removed... So "Mozilla" (renderer gecko)
Counts as 1, If I am correct, though someone on the W3C side could
correct me on that if I am not.

~Justin Wood