Re: Standards mode and Quirks mode (was Re: [CSS21] Test Suite)

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> [...]

Technically, unless I misread in places, we (any UA) *can* render up to
a point where a "mal-formedness" occurres and then either "drop" all
rendering up to taht point and put up a malformed error, or just leave
all rendering up to that point and note the error.

But to do so reliably would be harder to code than our current "get all
document first" method.... the "incremental rendering" (in XHTML) would
have to assume that any open tag is closed correctly, until it is
not...a bit harder than it sounds at first..,

Though Yes, I do agree that in terms of a strict "Well Formed" checking
UA, there would be _no_ room for incremental rendering, since you cannot
be sure if it is well formed until the </html> tag

~Justin Wood