Re: [CSS21] Test Suite

On Jul 23, 2004, at 22:37, Chris Lilley wrote:

> Its a fallacy that gamma correction (and color management in general,
> of
> which gamma correction is the 80:20 point) is applicable only to high
> end print and specialized usage.

The bigger fallacy is the idea that you could guess the display gamma
by looking at the name of the OS.

I'm writing this on a Mac with roughly 2.2 gamma and I get seriously
annoyed when some developer (eg. my TV card vendor) decides to apply a
semi-arbitrary gamma change because the OS is called Mac OS something.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi