Re: [CSS21] Test Suite

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@iinet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:05:26 +1000
To: Thomas Scholz <info@scholz-webdesign.de>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Thomas Scholz wrote:
> non-compliant browsers and »FAIL« for compliant browsers. That's always
> my  preferred method, e.g. on
> <http://scholz-webdesign.de/css/test/identitaetskrise/>.

   It would seem that if user agents were to follow the rules about
content-type headers, when the your stylesheet is requested, it should
reject it and not parse it as css because it was served as text/html.
Here's the relevant request and response headers for your stylesheet
(which is the same as the HTML file):

GET /css/test/identitaetskrise/ HTTP/1.1
Host: scholz-webdesign.de
Accept: text/css,*/*;q=0.1

HTTP/1.x 200 OK

   Therefore any useragent that applies 'display:none' to the strong
element in your test, has failed because it parsed an HTML file as CSS.
  I believe the prefered method of including styles is to either include
them within a <style> element, or link to an external style sheet, that
is actually a seperate CSS file.

--
Lachlan Hunt

lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au