Re: [CSS21] Test Suite

From: Brian Sexton <discussion-w3c@ididnotoptin.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:41:49 -0700
To: <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, "Mark Moore" <mark.moore@notlimited.com>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

>    IE does support PNG, except for alpha transparancy.

I do not know if it matters for the test suite in question, but IE also
handles gamma correction differently than other browsers.  For example, a
fully opaque PNG image may differ from the CSS-specified color of a
surrounding page.

I do not know all of the details off the top of my head, but here is a page
that seems to give a decent overview of the issue:

http://www.hut.fi/u/hsivonen/png-gamma.html