RE: @charset rule

From: Mark Moore <mark.moore@notlimited.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:16:03 -0700
To: "'Tex Texin'" <tex@xencraft.com>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

Never being on the wire doesn't protect CSS implementations, assuming there
is ever a use for "native" CSS implementations on EBCDIC systems.  Right?

> Finally there is scsu- which is a compressed form of unicode and has its
> own
> bom identifier.
> http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr6/
>
> But these are not going to crop up for xml or css.
> So it's basicly the UTF's, ascii, and ebcdic.
> tex

I sure wish the owners of the CSS spec would just come out and say this.  If
this is the case (which I believe), they should just say so.  I don't
understand the reluctance to tighten things up.

-MM

PS. I CC'd www-style since your info may be helpful to others.  Hoppe you
don't mind...