(unknown charset) Re: pseudoclass based on document content

From: (unknown charset) Justin Watt <jwatt@email.unc.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:01:47 -0400 (EDT)
To: (unknown charset) Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Cc: (unknown charset) Mark Moore <mark.moore@notlimited.com>, <www-style@w3.org>

Excellent point.

What it suggests is that there is something intrinsic about the content
(either being preceded by a minus-sign or surrounded by parens) that
should trigger the application of style.

Granted my web application could specify that a certain content is
negative, but isn't that redundant? The content is self-evidently
negative. Hence the idea of a kind of regex content selector.

Justin

ps. Thanks to Andrew and fantasai for opening my mind to space separated
CLASS names. For anyone else here's the link to the relevant HTML spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#h-7.5.2