Re: [CSS21] selector's specificity issues.

From: Adam Kuehn <akuehn@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:24:56 -0400
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>, www-style@w3.org

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

>case "UL LI":
>    d = 2
>
>case "UL>LI":
>    c = 1
>    d = 2

Why should ul>li trump li:first-child?  Why should td+td trump
td.class?  In order to make a workable addition, I think you'd have
to come up with something a bit more complex than what you have there
(and then get implementors to agree that it was a good idea to change
a working algorithm).

I just don't see how the benefits outweigh the downside.

--

-Adam Kuehn