Re: suggestion: calculating values of sizes

|<onrad wrote:
>
> [snip]
> And we want:
>
> - make #one 100px height
> - make #three 200px height
> - make #two height like the rest of the screen
>
> The problem is that we do not know which size of browser window somebody
> has, we do not how what is rightly height of #two.

I believe the following CSS (2.1) will do just what you want:

#one {
	position: fixed;
	left: 0px; right: 0px;
	top: 0px; height: 100px;
}
#two {
	position: fixed;
	left: 0px; right: 0px;
	top: 100px; bottom: 200px;
}
#three {
	position: fixed;
	left: 0px; right: 0px;
	bottom: 0px; height: 200px;
}

There may be situations that are much more complicated, and seem
impossible, but positioning is very powerful if you know what you're
doing. :)

--
James Ross <silver@warwickcompsoc.co.uk>

How To Shoot Yourself in the Foot:
370 JCL - You send your foot down to MIS and include a 400-page document
explaining exactly how you want it to be shot. Three years later, your
foot comes back deep-fried.