Re: [css3] Proposal: Additional adjacent combinator (E - F)

Jens Meiert wrote:

> Encountering several scenarios where this might be
> useful, I thought about the need for another type of
> selector, which also complies with an direct adjacent
> combinator. According to the CSS3 selectors
> specification [1], this selector could be defined as
>
>   E - F
>   An element E whose adjacent sibling F immediately
>   follows it
>
> Is it worth consideration, or did I miss something?

Oh, don't worry, it makes **a lot** of sense. What you
really want here is to make the subject of the selector
E + F   become E instead of F.

I proposed that eons ago, and even have implemented it
my transformation language called STTS (aka "number 19").
It was even included in the very first draft of CSS 3
selectors but was later removed due to implementation
considerations.

I hope we'll be able to have that in CSS before the day
I retire :-)

</Daniel>