Re: extra pseudo-class for anchors

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 21:18:43 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> What I would like to see in the CSS 3 draft is an extra pseudo-class for
> anchors.

> point to the current url.

You meant URI.

> I don't know if someone else already suggested this. If noone did, here
> it is.

It has been suggested before.  The basic problem, I believe, is that,
in general, the URI used to access the page may not agree with the
Location header returned, or with the URI derived from a self link within
the page.

This is likely to be very common with many commercial sites, which seem
to redirect half a dozen times before finally ending up on the page, but
it is also an issue with mirrored sites and with content negotiation.

Please don't do this on public lists.