[css3-page] LCWD issue 14 -- [14] Section 3.2

From: James Bigelow <jhb@jhb.boi.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:32:18 -0500 (EST)
To: www-style@w3.org, ernestcline@mindspring.com

Thank you for your comment on the CSS3 Paged Media Module, archived in:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Dec/0130.html

Your issue, shown below, has been assigned the number 14.

> This section and the accompanying terminology assumes that the
> standard Western practice of binding so that the spine is to the left
> is the only standard.  This is NOT the case. Standard Japanese
> practice is to bind printed matter so that the spine is to the right.
> Given the unfortunate choice of :left and :right in CSS 2, I don't
> have any expectation of changing the pseudoclasses, but the
> explanatory material should be rewritten so as to be supportive of
> Japanese binding.

A further response will be forthcoming. Please address any replys to www-style@w3.org with [css3-page] in the subject line.

   -- Jim Bigelow, Editor