[css3-page] LCWD issue 25 -- [25] Section 3.6

From: BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1) <jim.bigelow@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:29:09 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org, ernestcline@mindspring.com

Ernest,

It seems to me that using Media Queries [1] provides the best way to set one
set of rules for duplex printer and another for simplex devices.  As you
say, I think it is outside the scope of this doc.

Jim
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/

Your issue, shown below, has been assigned the number 25.

> With :left and :right always being used even when printing
> single-sided, how is an author supposed to be able to specify that he
> wants one set of rules used when printing single-sided and a different
> set of rules when printing double-sided?  The easiest solution seems
> to be to specify two new media types for single-sided and double-sided
> paged printing (and possibly a third for printing using a continuous
> non-paged roll, altho that could be said to be outside the scope of
> this module).

A further response will be forthcoming. Please address any replys to
www-style@w3.org with [css3-page] in the subject line.

   -- Jim Bigelow, Editor