Re: [css3-hyperlinks] Some remarks

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:50:59 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> So do I. But I think that if this issue will be controlled via CSS
> (and not JS) then users will be able to adjust it from user style sheet

They won't, because, if this becomes easy but limits on browser object
model operations don't, authors will use the browser object models in
order to force the popup behaviour.  This sort of area has always
suffered from escalation of measures and counter-measures.

Note that user style sheets, in a literal sense, are not useful for
ordinary users.  They should only really be seen as an abstraction of
what can be set by using controls on the browser itself, although
a good user agent will allow a power user to provide a full user
style sheet.