Re: [css3] Determining the first occurence of an attribute value

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:50:50 -0500
To: "Jens Meiert" <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Cc: "W3C CSS" <www-style@w3.org>

> But the situation becomes ugly when he wants to extract the 'title' only
> once each abbreviation occurs

Sounds like a request for a selector to me, not a request to improve the
content property... That is, why is the content property particularly special
in this case?  This could apply to any property, as far as I see.  E.g.  I
could want to bold a term the first time it's used (and provide the extra
text), but not other times....

Boris
--
"The difference between a misfortune and a calamity?
If Gladstone fell into the Thames, it would be a