Re: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/visufx.html

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:00:07 -0500
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

However, what about making a change for CSS3?

I don't see where it would harm the tokenization if for example
FUNCTION were changed from "ident '('" to "ident w '('".
as in standard CSS, the left parenthesis is only used
following a function identifier.

Would doing so cause a problem with forward compatible
parsing in strict CSS1 or CSS2 implementations beyond
the obvious one that rules that contained such text would
be ignored by them?

On the other hand I don't see where there would be any
real benefit either, so don't call me an enthusiastic
supporter of this either.