Re: [CSS21] response to issue 115 (and 44)

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:45:48 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Non-Ascii may occur in comments, but still the point stands that
> _most_ style sheets contain Ascii only.

As has been pointed out already, you are taking a Euro-centric view.
For example, because someone was having problems seeing the characters on
part of cn.yahoo.com, I looked at it and found that cn.messenger.yahoo.com
has a style sheet that attempts (albeit incorrectly) to do:

    font-family: "MS Song", 宋体, Beijing;

The only character set indication on the refering page is the meta
element and there is no character set indication associated with the
style sheet.  The site, as is normal for ones intended for the PRC,
was in GB2312.  I think that is quite common.  (The site is run from
Hong Kong.)