Re: Creating a sidebar menu using CSS

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:06:45 +0100
To: "Scott G. Hall" <ScottGHall@BellSouth.Net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Scott G. Hall writes:

>     /* Navigational menu defs */
>     div.navmap {
>         position:         absolute;

This should be 'fixed' instead of 'absolute'.

The style sheets I used are a bit complicated. There are several style
sheets that import others, because there are also variants of that
style in use that don't have a fixed menu. You just missed one of the
imports, I think.

Otherwise, the place to ask for help is the Usenet newsgroup
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets or one of various other
mailing lists (see, e.g.,
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/learning.html#fora for a list)

This mailing list is meant for developing the CSS specification
itself.

Bert

PS. Sorry for not answering your personal message. I would have gotton
round to it eventually, but it is rather busy here at the moment :-(

  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/ERCIM