RE: [css3-page] LCWD issue 22 -- [22] Section 3.3.2 <length>

From: BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1) <jim.bigelow@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:35:54 -0800
To: ernestcline@mindspring.com, www-style@w3.org

Ernest,

Your issue, shown below, has been accepted by the editor.

> > Why does the page context have no notion of fonts?  Couldn't this be
> > the same as the notion held by ":root" exterior to this @-rule?  Or
> > does this introduce some sort of loop that isn't apparent to me?
> > Granted, specifying page margins with respect to font size
> > may not be
> > a good thing to do most of the time, but I fail to see why it is
> > impossible.

The specification now reads, "The page context has a font associated with it
either by an explicit use of the 'font-family' and 'font-size' properties or
from the UA's default style sheet. Therefore, values in units of 'em' and
'ex' refer to the page context's font."

 -- Jim Bigelow