RE: [css3-page] LCWD issue 22 -- [22] Section 3.3.2 <length>

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:52:15 -0500
To: "BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1)" <jim.bigelow@hp.com>, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: "W3C CSS List" <www-style@w3.org>

Close, but not quite.  What should happen is that 1px should be
selected so that it is an integral multiple of the device pixel that
comes closest to having the desired size of the reference pixel,
which also depends upon the desired

Thus for example, both CSS2.1 and CSS3 Values suggest that
a 300dpi printer should use 1px = 3dots  while a 600dpi printer
should use 1px = 5dots.