[XPath/XQuery] note test of the form *:NCName

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:13:43 -0500
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Cc: www-style@w3.org

It is great that XPath/XQuery allow node tests of the form *:NCName.
I have been asking for this long ago (or did I ask CSS?). It helps
dealing with same/similar elements in different namespaces and will
take off some pressure of future namespace discussions. CSS should
make sure that they have a similar feature; I'm copying them.
[see http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xpath20-20031112/, 3.2.1.2]

As an important detail, the text in the spec should make clear
that *:NCName also applies to the default namespace.

Regards,   Martin.