[CSS21] response to issue 205b

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:39:53 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

This is the CSS WG's response to an issue you raised on the last CSS
2.1 draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915). We want to
publish CSS 2.1 as a CR in about two weeks. Please let us know this
week if you think our response is wrong.

Your e-mail:
    http://www.w3.org/mid/200310270540.h9R5ehJv016652@nerd-xing.mit.edu

    -- Section 9.2.1 (Anonymous block boxes)
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/visuren.html#anonymous-block-level>

    The example talks about having a "anonymous block box for BODY".
    I'm not sure what this means. Since the BODY is an inline inside a
    block (HTML), and the boxes of BODY end up with a block sibling
    (the P), I would expect an anonymous block _around_ the BODY
    boxes. But the boxes of BODY should be inline.

    This example should probably be clarified.

CSS WG response:
    "anonymous block box for BODY" changed to "anonymous block
    box around the BODY".

For the CSS WG,
Bert